Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hurt

I'll hold my hands up and admit that I have never really gotten into Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznors musical vehicle. I know he is greatly admired and respected but, for some strange reason, I haven't explored him. Maybe I will whilst I am at home recovering.

Anyway, one song of his I do know is "Hurt" and only because of the incredible cover Johnny Cash did of it. The haunting tune of drugs and desperation was turned into a bitter sweet eulogy by the man in black. The video was a prime example of the power of music and imagery together. It has become one of my all time favourite songs and it takes me through a whole gamut of emotions every time I hear it.

Whilst browsing through a favourite blog of mine, the very arty Ektopia, I found this new cover version of the song by none other than Kermit The Frog !! And it has a wonderful video aswell !!

Now, at first, I expected to be laughing out loud to this one, but as I watched, I found myself feeling a similar set of emotions to those I feel when watching Cash's version ! Yes, there is humour, but there is also some very touching moments, made more powerful by the fact we associate Kermit with innocence, fun and laughter.

Enjoy Sad Kermit and his version of "Hurt"...



And for completeness, here is JC's version....



And Trent Reznor's live rendition... (Amazing projections in this)

No comments: