Thursday, January 25, 2007

Axis Of Evil Productions



Back in the day, when I was struggling to find a way out of the hum drum that was the retail trade, I got a job at Choices Video, a national chain of video & game rental stores. I was the manager at two of the branches in Norwich and whilst at my second branch, I recruited a young northern monkey by the name of Andy Bennett. He was a cocky fucker, with a degree in Film Studies and a big knowledge of movies (which is why I employed him). He lived in a townhouse in the centre of Norwich with an assortment of reprobates; a guy called Weazel was the strangest and most endearing of them all. At one point, whilst having a rough patch with the now ex wife, Andy let me move in with him and I experienced true student/graduate life for the first time, and realised I hadn't really missed much, in fact, I was quite relieved that I had not followed that path !! LOL

Anyway, I tried to stay in touch, as you do, after we moved our separate ways but the odd email here and there was all that ever came from it. I still get the occasional mail from Andy, but not out of some heartfelt desire to get reaquainted, no. It's merely that I am a name on a list of email contacts to which he sends adverts and dates for his theatre company, Axis Of Evil Productions.

He has teamed up with a couple of other guys to produce what they describe as a live sitcom on stage ! There are various episodes and they have received, by their own admission, rave reviews. So much so that they are off to perform at this years Edinburgh Festival.



But, at last, he has dragged his sorry Yorkshire ass into the century we call the 21st, and gotten not only a web presence, but a MySpace page which houses some excellent clips of their Coalition production, but also some film clips too. I wonder if he's aware of the fact Rupert Murdoch now owns Myspace and dies it sit well with his moral code of ethics ?? ;o)

Axis Of Evil Myspace Page

As much as it ails me to say, do check them out because they're actually very good and I need to arrange a visit to see them, even though I know that Andy will do his usual round of diatribes about me being Italian and how Yorkshire is the centre of all things good known to man :o)

A Short History of the USA



And yes Andy, I'm still a fat bastard :o)

Enjoy :o)

No comments: