Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So, I guess a welcome is in order...

After fellow blogger Gamma Goblin made the suggestion, here is my new, non music related blog. A place where I can sound off, vent my spleen, spit venom, sing praises, be political, be contoversial, be a tosser, be in total control and simply not give a flying fuck :o)

What can you expect ? Hmmmm, not sure, to be perfectly honest. There will be all sorts I hope. Anything that wouldn't fit on my other blog, Failed Muso, and stuff that I tend to post in other blogs comments, which is why GG suggested it in the first place !

The other day, whilst pondering this blog and it's creation, I could think of a myriad things to put in here. Now I'm a bit stumped. Funny how moods take you, isn't it ?

I'm determined to keep this regular. I keep a lot of pent up frustration about the world, society and things that piss me off, so I'm hoping this will be a cathartic process for me.

By all means comment on any post you find that inspires you to do so, but be honest, dignified and not afraid to stand by anything you say. That means that anonymous bollox will, for the most part, not be welcome or tolerated. Have the courage to stand by your opinions (as long as they are informed opinions) and be counted. Anonymity is the shield of the uneducated and ignorant. Ultimately, this is MY blog, MY webspace and MY little corner of cyberspace. I have the final say, and if you don't like it, deal with it or fuck off ;o)

So there you go. I hope you enjoy reading my shit. I hope that maybe you will take something from here. I hope that you may learn something from here, if not from me, from something you find via this place. Feel free to link to posts here. All I ask is for credit where I am the original author, and if I am not, then please credit the person who is.

And for anyone wondering about the name, it comes from the Adam Ant song Zerox. It's an all time favourite of mine, and whose lyrics are extremely relevant today. However, this is in no way whatsoever an Adam Ant fansite/blog/place of worship. There are plenty of really good places for that, namely adam-ant.net. I am a fan, and have been for nearly 30 years, but I just nicked the title as I thought it fitted with my ethos. Why did I choose it for my blog title ? Well, I am becoming increasingly convinced that all I do in life is pick up information from all over the place and then copy it for others to enjoy. I am also increasingly convinced that this is what we all seem to do in one form or another. I might expand on this theory later but for now, why not get hold of a copy of Zerox and enjoy some antmusic ;)

Thanks for stopping by. And as my daughter is very fond of saying at the moment, see you soon.

1 comment:

gammagoblin said...

Well I also suggested that the new Golf GTI is a nice car but that one didnt go down so well with you :)

I only got a chance this minute to visit your new blog and I'm glad to see that youve been busy. I must go read some more now!